The Technical Resources Program provides Watershed Coordinators to educate and build capacity in communities and to facilitate community and stakeholder engagement with the Safe, Clean Water Program. Each Watershed Area will have one Watershed Coordinator with exceptions for North Santa Monica Bay with one part-time position*, Central Santa Monica Bay with two positions, and Upper Los Angeles River with three positions as the positions are dependent on revenue and population.
* The Watershed Coordinators proposed annual amount must not exceed $200,000 (For the North Santa Monica Bay Watershed Area the proposed annual amount must not exceed $100,000)
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of Watershed Coordinators center around connecting potential Regional Program applicants with technical resources and building inclusion and meaningful engagement in pursuit of SCW Program Goals and include the following:
- Working with Technical Assistance Teams to bring resources to potential Infrastructure Program Project Applicants;
- Identify and develop Project concepts that may be elevated to the Watershed Area Steering Committees and Technical Assistance Teams;
- Identify and help leverage and secure additional funding sources
- Engage municipalities, community groups and other stakeholders;
- Conduct community outreach to diverse communities, with an emphasis on disadvantaged communities;
- Provide leadership in community outreach efforts related to watershed planning;
- Facilitate collaborative decision-making to develop and implement actions that best address community priorities
- Integrate community, municipality, and regional priorities through partnerships and extensive networks;
- Organize public outreach events included in Stormwater Investment Plans to educate Stakeholders;
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Watershed Area Steering Committee; and
- Collaborate with all other Safe, Clean Water Program Watershed Coordinators to help ensure consistency in implementation and inform each other of effective efforts, outreach, and communication approaches.
Follow the link to learn more about the current Request for Statement of Qualifications.